Unexpected Inspiration

March 15th was National Storytelling Day. Ricardo, my service canine, and I were invited to share a story of how we became companions. My story was about overcoming adversities and difficulties. We will all have challenges in life that will push us to our limits – at least we think. Sometimes we need someone to help us through our tragedies – a spouse, a doctor, a friend, a family member or a total stranger.
On this day, little did I know that I would be providing the inspiration this woman, a stranger, needed. I had eight minutes to tell how I got paralyzed, my diagnoses, and my accomplishments. Everyone met Ricardo and he demonstrated how he assists my needs. Like always Ricardo stole my thunder – ha!
After the day and all the programs were over, there was time to meet and greet the storytellers and authors. A woman who I believe to be in her fifties maybe sixties, came to talk with me. She explained she was dealing with an issue in life. While listening to my story, she told me I had provided her the inspiration and encouragement that she needed to help with her situation. I thanked her for her kind words. She hugged me and left quietly.
A few days later I received an e-mail from a friend. As I was reading I felt overwhelmed by the information. The woman I met at the end of the storytelling event had received the news from her doctor, just four days before we met, she had terminal cancer. She didn’t have long to live. As I was reading the e-mail I couldn’t help but believe it was God’s plan for her to be there that day I was speaking.
You never know what’s going on in other people’s lives and you don’t know when you have helped them through the day, unless they approach you to tell you, so we need to provide the encouragement one needs because someone else will do the same for you one day when it’s your turn.
I am now a motivational/Inspirational Speaker. If you need a speaker for your next event contact me by E-mail: James@professorofperseverance.com and visit my Website at:http://www.JamesPerdueSpeaks.com
Be sure to Post your Comment so we can help and encourage each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Had A Bad Day

Help! I’ve fallen and Can’t Get Up

My Hero: My Mother